a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, August 18, 2008

Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #31

This was a fun sketch this week, it was easy to do and I didn't use many embellishments but still thrilled with how quickly I got this done!


Make sure to check out Mary Jo's ultra cool sketch challenge and the card she created which is fabulous! Join in and post a link here, at Mary Jo's site, or on SCS using keyword TSSC31.


I pulled out an old favorite color combo using basic black, whisper white and cool carribean (or this color which is virtually the same) and I already had a piece of kraft cardstock cut so decided to utilize it. I wanted a very simple image, originally only using Versafine Onyx Black with my image from CHF called Baby Love and sentiment from CHF Cute Curls, both Kim Hughes' images, but then added on some color after I saw the image and it looked too bland.


The patterned paper is a big block I bought years ago and just have not used it all up yet. I really am trying to use more of my patterned paper lately though. I decided to forgo the buttons in the original image and use some circle punches instead to create some faux something or other (brads, buttons, etc.)


Enjoy and make sure to check out the other participants!

4 comments:

MJ said...

Look at you go, two in one day! This is darling. I just love that image and the touch of blue makes it POP! What an adorable card. Thanks so much for playing along.

Stefanie said...

Wow! I love this one. The layout is great and the blue really makes this sweet little lamb pop off the card.

Kerry D-C said...

FAB! loooove the color combo! The lamb makes me laugh...so funny.

rozie640 said...

This card is so STINKIN' CUTE. I love your little lamb, the colors and layout are perfect!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...