a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Mystery Image Swap: Host Janet Rains

On one of my yahoo groups we have been doing mystery image swaps. One of us has been hosting, picking a stamp set and sending a few of the images to each participant. We then create and send to a partner.


Janet Rains was our gracious host this month and sent us an image by Impression-Obsession
It is a gorgeous image but I was really at a loss of how to use it. I watercolored the image using some blues and purples with the middle being yellow. The background paper was Basic Grey and the general layout was inspired by one I saw on Misti's website which was an old SCS sketch (#21).


I also added a few pieces of ribbon on the side and adhered it under the flower image with dimensionals. In the corner it looked bare so I added some decorative mauve pearls by Joy Crafts.


My partner was Leigh O'Brien who is beyond talented and has an awesome stamping studio in here house. I was so intimidated as she is such an awesome stamper and so creative, but I finally just had to throw caution to the wind and go for it. Glad she liked it and had as difficult a time with the image as I did.


Have a great day!

1 comments:

rozie640 said...

Kim, your card is beautiful. I love the background papers you chose. I love how ou colored your flowers making the centers the focus for color!!! I didn't even think along those lines. This was by far one of the most difficult images I've had to work with. Totally not my style, but I was happy with the end results and it did force me to go out of my comfort zone. Love that you counded out that bottom left corner, not too easy either. A beautiful card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...