a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Yummy Recipe...Cherry Chocolate Cheesecake


Okay, like every other year my New Year's Resolution is to get in shape and lose weight. Last year I started off with a bang and had lost 10 lbs. doing weight watchers before I discovered I was pregnant. Of course I had to indulge in all those pregnancy cravings and packed on 26 lbs. with this last pregnancy. I'm 7 lbs. shy now of my pre-pregnancy weight, but I could stand to lose a lot more so we (hubby and I) will be starting weight watchers again.


However, I saw this dessert over the holidays that I knew I had to make. I made it the other day to take to the office staff at my Dr's appt. when I went in for my 6 week appt. They were awesome throughout my pregnancy and considering I was in twice a week for several months I got to know them all well (besides it being my 2nd high risk pregnancy and they were all there for the last one as well). I then made one at home for us, but forgot that I had it in the oven and overcooked the cheesecake. We tasted it (crappy) so I bought the stuff to make it again.


Weight Watchers will have to "weight" until next week. The recipe for the Cherry Chocolate Brownie Cheesecake can be found here. I also wish I had taken a picture of it before I put it in the container, but the crust part is the brownie and there is cherry in between the cheesecake and brownie crust as well.


Hopefully when I make it tomorrow I won't forget it's in the oven!


1 comments:

StampingBetty said...

looks and sounds yummy, how many points?

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...