a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, August 26, 2022

With Sympathy


Well hello there!  I know I'm hit or miss on this blog but I'm still creating.  Just don't seem to remember to take pictures and post like I used to.

I got energized a few evenings this week and broke out some of my crafty stuff so hope over the next few weeks I'll have a few more to share with anyone stopping by to visit.

Combining a sketch challenge from Freshly Made Sketches and a color challenge from Color Throwdown I had a good time coming up with this card, although never a fun card to have to send out.  I broke out my Minc foiling machine and some new Heidi Swapp foil I got.











My new Ginko Bundle set from Taylored Expression had just arrived in the mail so I was anxious to break it out and use it on this card.  Can see this being a favorite of mine on cards in the future, I'm a sucker for any type of floral stamp...so I am pushing myself to do some masculine cards that I'll be sharing as well.
Hopefully, you can see the shine from this foil in some of my pictures.  I also added a little score tape and foiled over that and think that adds a great little touch and is so easy to do.  I'm a pretty clean and simple stamper most of the time but have so much stuff I'm trying to experiment a little more with some of my supplies.

Thanks for stopping by to visit me and hope you have a wonderful weekend!



3 comments:

Jen Mitchell said...

This is so gorgeous. I love how you used the gingko image in the different colors. And the gold foil is next level! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Wanda Cullen said...

These gingko images are so lovely for a sympathy card. Sadly, I've needed way too many of these cards lately. Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!

Kim S said...

Gorgeous images! I love how each panel uses them in slightly different ways. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...