a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, August 5, 2016

Is anyone there?



Is anyone there...hello???  hello???

I know, it has been a good year since I've blogged, can you believe it?  I can't and I'm finally starting to get back into the swing of creating some cards.

Last year shortly after my last post, we put our house of 15 years on the market in search of something a little larger for our family.  It was not an easy process for us, as you can imagine, we collected 15 years worth of stuff and had 2 more kids than when we moved into the house.  We got a storage unit, lots of cleaning and purging and my stamp stuff joined some other stuff at the storage unit to clear out my office.

Fast forward to beginning of 2016 and we finally got an acceptable offer on our place.  It happened very quickly and we were left scrambling to find a place to live.  Thankfully our awesome realtor came through after looking at what seemed like a zillion houses and we closed and moved in the last week in February.


First thing on my list at the new house was to get my stamp area together and make my office what I always wanted it to be.  Granted, I'd love a bigger office, but I will take what I can get.  So with the help of my wonderful husband we spent many house painting, assembling cabinets and shelving, arranging and re-arranging and I finally got my office/studio together. (not a great picture, but you get the idea anyway)


Now, I will admit I have to do some more purging and definitely some more organizing but am slowly getting a few cards made here and there in my new area.

Hoping to be more regular when I have the time and always enjoy the comments and seeing others work so thank you for sticking around if you are still following!

The cards at the very top were some quick thank you's I put together after we had a little welcome to our house party.  Hope you enjoy!


4 comments:

G Peplow said...

YAY!!! Lovely to see you back, your house/ room look amazing, lots of lovely space :D Super cards too, very sophisticated :D x

Unknown said...

Kim, so glad you have resurfaced. Your new house looks fabulous. Have missed all your cards, both on and off line. Look forward to seeing more in the future.

TenSGal said...

Same here....it's been eons since I've blogged! No mojo to do it. Maybe you will inspire me. Your house is lovely...your studio is awesome! And love the cards!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a lovely house! Your studio/office looks great! Wish I had a new place like that. :) Looking forward to seeing your creation now that you settled in... pretty set of cards. The flowers look beautiful Kim.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...