a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, October 6, 2014

Wedding Invites

Well, the wedding is over and I'm writing this up before we attended but I'm going to say we had a blast :-)

I've been quite quiet on the blog for many reasons.  First of all my full time job change last year has me on the go a lot more and when I'm home I rarely am hanging out in my office anymore (which is also my stamp studio).  I need to change that as I'm missing my crafting a bit.

The other reason is I was creating 100+ wedding invitations for my brother-in-law and new sister-in-law.  They are having a rustic wedding and we went through a few trial ones before settling on a final...and can you believe I didn't have one for myself?

It's sunflower themed and the first pic is what our final one was, with the ribbon being colored a bit better.  It was a long tedious process with lots of tweaking along the way.  It may be the first and last time I do invitations like this (who am I kidding, I'm sure I'll be doing something similar for graduation in a few years).



The final invitation and reply card above.


The beginning of die cutting and stamping 100+ sunflowers.


Assembly line set up going on.


Sewing the ribbon on-my Janome got a work out.


Stacks of 20 to keep count of how many I did...and you see I even distressed all 4 sides-thank God for my little handy Zutter tool!


Creation of invites complete and now addressing invites and labeling.

Hope you enjoyed seeing the creation of the invitations!

7 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

WOOHOO! INCREDIBLE Kim!!

What a perfect mix of images & colours. PERFECT!

You do know what this means.... I can see more work for you in the future!! ;-))

Great to see your wedding photos too and that you had a great time to remember ♥

Stef H said...

these are just beautiful and your
"new family" is very blessed to have you.

congrats to the newlyweds!

hugs :)

Kristen said...

OMG.....These are GORGEOUS!!! I am Wowed.Girl, you have a talent for invites....Great job!!!

Kay Wallace said...

Absolutely beautiful, Kim! From someone who created 100 invitations (along with my scrappy daughter) for my daughter's wedding in 2010, I know this was definitely a labor (yes, LABOR) of love! Amazing job, my friend!! They are beautiful!

Kaz said...

They are gorgeous Kim, very professional! I've made a set before so I appreciate how much work went into them. I bet there are lots of people wanting to keep theirs xxx

Sam & Poppy said...

Fabbydabbydoo Kim :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a job! That must have taken you a long time! But they all look fantastic. Love the rustic look, the stitching... the sunflowers are so pretty. Hope your work load will slow down so you can craft more!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...