a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

SDC89: Triangles




Nellie is our hostess this week over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge and she's got a fun challenge for you!

I often like to incorporate geometric shapes in my cards, be it squares, circles, rectangles etc. So this week I challenge you to use such geometric shape  in your card or project. But not just  any shape you like. It has to be a TRIANGLE. Use just one or as many as you like.

Can’t wait to see what you come up with… So have fun stamping!

As you can see from my creation, I'm anything but a perfect seamstress. I had to laugh when I finished at how uneven my sewing is, but I went through the trouble of doing it and so I was going to post it.

I created my triangles but cutting some squares of scrap paper in half and then adhering the different patterns before sewing them.  I kept this card very simple adding this Decor #4 2166 stem and a small sentiment Thank You #9009.

Join us over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge today and show us what you can do with triangles.
************************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Decor #4 2166 and Thank You #9009 from Stampotique Originals
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Crumb Cake, My Mind's Eye The Sweetest Thing-Bluebell
Inks: Not Quite Navy
Embellishments: Janome Sewing, dimensionals, jewel rhinestones

3 comments:

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love your triangles, maybe I can try to join in this week! lol

Astrid Stulemeijer (AssiCrafts) said...

Great use of the triangle shape! XOXO

Anonymous said...

This is so wonderful and I love the soft colours you chose Kim

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...