a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Birthday Wishes


Using up some of my scraps of patterned paper is always a great thing.  I pulled out some of the My Mind's Eye Bluebell scraps I had and punched them with some circles.

This is a sketch from Mojo Monday that I normally don't think I would use, but after doing it, I love it and need to break out of the comfort zone of mine more often.  


I wanted to make the flower bold against the blues so I colored it with some mustard yellows.  My sewing is definitely NOT up to par.  I originally was paper piercing the edges and was so off I broke out my sewing machine and successfully covered it up.

Thanks for stopping by today and hope you have a wonderful weekend!
****************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Blessings and Borderline from Verve Stamps
Cardstock: Whisper White, More Mustard, My Mind's Eye Bluebell
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Not Quite Navy (sponging), copic markers
Embellishments: circle punches, Janome sewing machine, ribbon unknown, Sprinkles glitter from The {Stamps} of Life


5 comments:

Susie said...

Another gorgeous card, Kim.

Teresa Kline said...

this is adorable, your creations are amazing...hope you have a super day!

enjoy *~*

Greetings By Chera said...

Of course you have the cutest paper... hoarder!!

Great card!!!

Cocofolies said...

Just a perfect card for me... so beautiful !! And I'm like you, I'm really happy when I mix scraps of patterned papers to do a unique card. XOXO

TenSGal said...

I really love this...what a great way to use up scraps!

Susan

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...