a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, January 11, 2013

BC299: Color Challenge


Today is a color challenge over at Blogger's Challenge.  This picture is one of mine that I took of the pillows that adorned the wicker bench in our room during our vacation to Tybee Island.  I loved the color combination so excited that Lisa chose to use it.

I went with a very simple layout for my card this week.  I wanted to make my butterfly die cut my focal point as I wanted to send this non-traditional girls baby card off to a friend.

On each side of my strip of paper I have stamped the scallop stamp from Quick2Border from The {Stamps} of Life.  I added some texture and dimension to the butterfly by first stamping it with the Animals4Print set and then added a button with a pearl in the middle.


Come join us at Blogger's Challenge this week, can't wait to see what you create with this color combination.
****************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Quick2Border, Butterfly2Build, Tinytitles2stamp, Animals4print all from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Certainly Cerlery, Cool Carribean, Whisper White
Embellishments: Butterfly die from PTI, Button from Designer Mix from Clear & Simple Stamps, Pearl from Want2Scrap


5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

This is absolutely gorgeously elegant.
Hugs
Desíre
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Greetings By Chera said...

Love that butterfly with all the other colors!

Beate said...

Lovely card, Kim!!
Hugs and smiles

Anonymous said...

Really gorgeous CAS design here Kim!! The colors are gorgeous!! :) HUGS

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely CAS design, love the added scallop stamp!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...