a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

SDC57: Outside the Box & Some Announcements


Today over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge we were to think out of the box.  This is never a fun challenge for me as I do have a hard time thinking out of the box and I have a phobia of techniques as well but saw something I knew I needed to try.

So trying new techniques are out of the box for me, but this is definitely one I'll be trying again.  I have a lot of these fragments to be used up, so this will not be the last one I do.  For more info on the technique I used, please see the link below.




Mojo Monday Sketch #247 and uses the Frosted Glass Technique by Julia Stainton.  This is for the Make it Monday Challenge with Kraft Outlet which is Anything Goes this week. Moxie Fab is also having a challenge to create a Thank you Card with stamping as the primary technique.


************************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Thank you 9009 and Ladybug 2207 from Stampotique Originals
Cardstock: Basic Black, Always Artichoke, Simple Stories Year.o.graphy
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Embellishments: Tim Holtz Fragments, circle and scalloped circle spellbinders, clear embossing powder, basic black grosgrain ribbon

10 comments:

Maria Sabina R. said...

very cute card Kim!!!

Kaz said...

What a fab way to use those fragments! Love the look of that tag - I may have to try it too x

Karin said...

lovely card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Cute Kim, and such a great way to use up the fragments!

Marijke said...

cute card

Willy said...

Great use of fragments, Kim!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the fragments!

Suzanne C said...

Cool technique! Sweet card.

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Ohhhh, I really like how your fragment embellishment turned out! I hope this theme wasn't too painful! Your project is delicious!!
Val :)

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for linking this up to the Thank You Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...