a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Happy Father's Day!



Wishing all your Dad's, Grandfather's, wonderful Uncles and friends a very Happy Father's Day!  I'm praying my Dad's card made it to him on time-I'm always procrastinating when I send cards, but I did at least get it off before Father's Day.

As you are reading this we'll be on our way up to North Georgia to take my hubby on a scenic train ride.  Something fun and relaxing that I'm hoping he will like (it's a surprise).

This was a quick card that I whipped up for him last week, knew I wanted to use some type of a banner but my dies hadn't arrived yet from MFT, so I created my own.  I printed the sentiment directly on my cardstock and am thinking it should say "No one measures up to you" but oh well!

Hope you all enjoy the day and see you back tomorrow as we get back into the work week!
**********************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: A Guy Thing from Clear & Simple Stamps, ABC4you from The {Stamps} of Life
Cardstock: Kraft Like a Rockstar, Orange You Fabulous, Dish All the Dirt Brown, Simple Stories Year-o-Graphy
Inks: Color Box by Stephanie Barnard-Licorice
Embellishments: Janome sewing, computer generated sentiment

4 comments:

TenSGal said...

Love the card...Happy Father's Day to your hubby and hope you have a nice day. Let me know how the train ride goes...that might be fun for our little boy train lover!

Barbara said...

Nothing like using banners...so much fun! Moxie Fab World picked your blog for me to visit and I am so glad I did:)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Love the banner and the strip of patter paper on this one Kim. The Kraft background is perfect.

Suzanne C said...

Sweet Father's Day card! I hope you all had a nice Father's Day trip on the train!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...