a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Shouting out a Happy Bird-Day!



Yeah!  I'm getting ready to fly my coop soon and take a few days off to spend with some girlfriends.  It's been awhile that I've had a girls weekend, so am looking forward to getting some crafting done and get in lots of laughs.  I can't pack fast enough!

I didn't get a chance last week to get my card posted for the Stampotique Designer's Challenge.  

Nellie is our hostess this challenge and she thought it would be fun to give you a color challenge this time. 

Here is what she said about her challenge:

"And of course I picked a color combination that I really love to work with: pink, purple and black. It’s as simple as that! So go get your Stampotique stamps out and have fun with this challenge. As always you can win a $30 dollar gift certificate for your choice of Stampotique stamps."


I created my background by first stamping my ink onto a clear block and directly onto my paper.  After I got the effect I was working on, I stamped some bubble wrap onto my black ink pad and then to my paper.  My image is a new one from the Stampotique designer- Kira Nichols- Shouting Bird.

It was colored with my copic markers and I added this sentiment I thought would go well with the bird.

Hope you will join us at Stampotique Designer's Challenge with your Pink, Purple & Black creation using your Stampotique stamps.
********************************************************
Card details:
Stamps: Shouting Bird 4014 and Happy Bird-day 8962 from Stampotique
Cardstock: Basic Black, Hibiscus Burst, Lovely Lilac
Inks: Color Box by Stephanie Barnard- Grape and Guava
Embellishments: prima flower, black eyelet, distressed stickles, dimensionals

4 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

This is fabulous!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Love the bird!! Great, fun card Kim! Have a fun time away.

Willy said...

Love your card, Kim!

Suzanne C said...

Very fun background and cute bird! Sweet card!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...