a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Ticket to Celebrate

My oldest turned 11 on Thursday and so I couldn't post this until after I had given it to him (since he'd probably see it posted on Facebook).  He'd been counting down the days and every day would come home to see if there were cards and couldn't wait to open them.  He had a good day but we'll be doing more celebrating this weekend with him.

I downloaded this Christian digi from Simply Betty Stamps knowing it would be *perfect* for his birthday.  The papers I used are some digi papers from the Me & My {Baby} Brother pack by Crystal and combined it with Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge this week.

I even managed to squeak a little sewing on this card for the inside so I could stash the cash we were going to give him.  I loved how this turned out and I can't say that about all my cards but I almost didn't want to give it to him :-)

Hope you all have a great weekend!


Card details:
Stamps: Christian digi from Simply Betty Stamps, Just the Ticket by Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, White, Me & My {Baby} Brother pack by Crystal
Inks: Versafine Onyx Black, Copic markers, Not Quite Navy
Accessories: Janome sewing, Just the Ticket border die, Carribean Blue Glimmer Mist

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...