a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Stampotique Designers Challenge: Girly Girl!

Girly Girl I am NOT, but I have a 4 yr old who IS!   And our hostess with the mostess this week, Kim over at Stampotique Designers Challenge issued us this challenge to make a creation with a Girly Girl theme.

I got this bright idea to make her a frame for her room and although it looks fairly plain, it looks beautiful on her wall.  We just redid her room recently in a two toned pink with a chair rail and it looks great.  It fits her so well. Baby Cakes was the perfect choice for her room. I tried to match the colors as close as possible and I think it turned out well.  I wanted to add a lot more accessories to bling it up but my husband nixed that idea.  He thought it looked perfect the way it was.  I stamped the Honeycomb background randomly on the matting of the frame.

I had gotten these beautiful flowers for Easter from my sister-in-law's Mother and they were wrapped in this gorgeous hot pink tulle.  Of course I had to stash it away to use and thought with this frame it would be perfect but for the life of me could think of how to incorporate it.  Hubby & I were on the same wavelength when I was telling him what I wanted to do and he suggested I somehow use it on her skirt.  I cut a slit just above her skirt, slid a cut piece of tulle through it and then cut held it down & cut it to the desired shape.  The frame does have a glass over it (not shadowbox) so it does push the tulle down but it looks great and my little Syd couldn't wait to get it up on her wall (which we hung Sunday night for her).

Hope you will join us over at Stampotique Designer's Challenge this week and a chance for a $15 gift certificate to the Stampotique store by creating something with a Girly Girl theme.



Frame details:
Stamps: Baby Cakes and  Honeycomb backgrounds by Stampotique Originals
Cardstock: Confetti Cream
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pixie Pink, Copics
Accessories: Prima Flower & Tulle for the skirt

8 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute! Love the tulle, I'm sure it looks wonderful in Syd's room!

Random Acts of Krafting said...

This is awesome! Would you mind if I took the idea at some point and made one for my little girls? So inspiring.

Hugs
Tanya

Gerrie Johnnic said...

how sweet for your daughter! This really turned out super!

Kristen said...

Kim, this is FABULOUS...I love the tutu skirt. Way CUTEEEE

Tina said...

hey now I totally dig this. Funny thing. I made a shadow box type project last night and will have it up later today too...great minds think alike...

Have a stupnedous day.

xo
tina
mommyscraps alot

Tasha said...

Wow this is fabulous, totally cute
love tasha xx

Valerie H. Marshall said...

Now how cute is that!? Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Such a sweet frame! I bet your daughter loves it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...