a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #104


It has been a busy weekend here!  We spent Friday having a "snow" day from school, so we had the kids at home bouncing off the walls.  I mean, we went back to school on Tuesday from Winter break, they had early release on Thursday due to the weather forecast and then Friday they were off.

My little girl is turning 4 in a few weeks and we've had her in the same room/decorations since she was born.  It was a nursery them and fit since the little guy was in there with her up until August but now she was needing something a little more "girly".  Hubby started priming and painting and he hopes to finish it up tonight.  I've been "manning" the kids, doing a zillion loads of laundry while he's been busy.


I was stumped with Mary Jo's sketch this week, I only have 1-2 stamps that are long like the sketch called for.  I had to improvise a little by turning the sketch but think it turned out ok.  I love this image from Clear and Simple Stamps and the sentiments that go with it.  



I have a few friends that needed some "Get Well" cards and I think Beary Well has so many cute little phrases that you could use it for anyone.    I even finished the inside of my cards, which I don't do too often, but I love seeing what everyone does with the insides of their cards.  (sorry my color is horrible, sometimes I have difficulty photo'ing in my photo box...guess I need to learn much more about my camera)




card details:
Stamp Set:  Beary Well from Clear and Simple Stamps
Cardstock:  Spring Rain and Stamper's Select from PTI, Offbeat from Basic Grey, Chocolate Chip from SU!
Inks: Memento Rich Cocoa, Copics (see colors below)
Accessories:  EK Success punch (very old), SU! brads, 1 3/8" circle punch, scalloped circle punch



Are you going to CHA this year?  If you are make sure to stop by the Clear and Simple Stamps booth #659 and say "hi".  I will be helping with some make 'n' takes.  Also, on 1/17 Clear and Simple Stamps will be on Blog Radio, tune in to learn more about this awesome company!


6 comments:

~*~ Allison ~*~ said...

What's the theme going to be? And where are you putting Fin?

Nicki (CSS) said...

Cute, cute cute - love the new look on the blog too! So want to see pics of the room makeover. Kid's rooms are so much fun!

Lisa Somerville said...

Too cute, love the flipped sketch!

MJ said...

How adorable. Makes me want to be sick so you could send it to me, lol. Just kidding. You are much better than me I just changed my son's room and he will be 10 in February. He was covering his hand painted murals with Army posters! So I finally gave in and painted the walls camouflage. Looks cool, but took me a long time. And it was hard to cover all the murals I painted when he was a baby. It is so hard to watch them grow.

Anyway, thanks for playing along.

Kristen said...

"Wicked" cute Kim....

Random Acts of Krafting said...

Ok, now how cute is that! :)
Hugs
Tanya

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...