a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Memory Keeper/Recipe Box



This Memory Keeper template & tutorial by Gina K couldn't have come at a more perfect time.  For round 2 of the Queen Kat Designs I needed to make an altered item.  Gina K has such a great tutorial and I came up with the idea to make this into a Recipe Box instead of the Memory Keeper.  I love to try new recipes and I thought it would make a great gift to give someone a few of my favorite recipes in this box.



I combined some scraps of My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus with some of my Orange You Fabulous cardstock & ribbon (I'm in LOVE with the ribbon) from Clear & Simple Stamps.  The owl cardstock is some digital paper from Little Dreamer Designs (Flittery Page Kit).

This is the photo of the inside of the Memory Keeper box and although I didn't fix a recipe card to go in it, I can't wait to get some done.  I also included a pic of the back of the box, which I did a different paper on.the back as I had run out of my Wild Asparagus scraps.

 I topped the recipe box off with a cute ATC I made and used an Odd Bird Planet stamp and created the sentiment with my Just Rite stamp set.

I hope that everyone enjoys my creation!  If you get a chance, try Gina K's tutorial, it's AWESOME!!!

Recipe Box/Memory Keeper's Box::
Stamp Set:  Karrie's Sally Owl, Just Rite Stamps
Cardstock: A Blanc Check, Orange You Fabulous, Flittery Page Kit by Little Dreamer Designs, My Mind's Eye Wild Asparagus
Accessories: Orange Ribbon, Scalloped Oval & Oval Nesatbilities

6 comments:

Gina K. said...

I love how you lined up your patterned paper perfectly where the flaps meet! Gorgeous!

Susie said...

Another fabulous project, Kim. You're on a roll!

Allison Rankin said...

Awesome...I made one too...they are fun!

Unknown said...

very cute!!

Sara Henton said...

Adorable and what a great idea

Kimme said...

Great job. I love the sentiment "Hoo Loves to Cook."

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...