a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge #80

Mary Jo had me totally stumped on this sketch!!! I couldn't figure the squares out for the life of me so I took the easy way out on this card. I used some background paper and cut some little strips to make the lines for some "faux squares".

I paper pieced my little coffee cup from the new set I got from Our Craft Lounge- Fueled by Caffeine. This will go in the mail to my friend who is a coffee addict :-)

Join us for Mary Jo's Technostamper's Monday Lunchtime Sketch Challenge and add your link to Mr. Linky on her page.

Sorry this is so short, my back is KILLING me this weekend!

6 comments:

MJ said...

Great idea with the strips. I have to admit I had to use a calculator to figure out my squares, lol. I love your card, it is just perfect. Thanks so much for playing along.

Stefanie said...

Wow that is quite the sketch! I love the way you did the squares. Nice and simple.

Lisa Somerville said...

Love your Faux Tiles, great job with this weeks TSSC!

Lisa Bohler said...

Excellent idea to achieve the look with the paper strip! Lovely card! Sure hope your back is feeling better. Nothing is good when your back hurts!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you created the squares. Cute card!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card Kim. I love the colors and the shoter front panel... TFS!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...