a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Party Invites



Hopefully you all aren't sick of my Bravery Gent samples. I just got a ton of ideas when I received this set & had to sit down and get them all out of my system.

My husband & I used to have friends over all the time, but now that we have kids we don't seem to do that as much. I talked him in to having a BBQ with some friends & family and doing it outside so everyone can run around. Our kids & family love to play the Wii so we'll rearrange our garage to put our big screen/Wii out there for everyone to play and we'll set up shop in the driveway for our BBQ. I'm excited about it and know we'll have a great time.

Of course I had to send out some invitations, can't just call and invite everyone. I bought some of this Creative Imaginations paper this weekend and it had several different patterned strips on one side of the paper and the other side was a whole sheet of patterned paper. I thought the strips would work perfect with the invitations.

Again, I went with a very simple invitation, just adding my strip in the middle. The little circles I punched out where one of the patterned strips, there were different images so I just had to punch them out and mount them on to my scalloped circle. I stamped my sentiment, one on the top and bottom. I added some paper piercing below the patterned strip and highlighted the star again with some Crystal Ice Stickles.

I printed out my invitations on Very Vanilla cardstock using the SU CSS Hand Font. I made every invitation different by asking each person to bring a different dish (side dish, dessert, appetizer) so I changed that wording. I stamped the fireworks stamp inside and added some more stickles. I love that effect with the fireworks stamp!

Hope you like the invites! Make sure you check out my blog candy giveaway here.

4 comments:

Susie said...

Terrific invites! Sounds like a fun party.

Nicki (CSS) said...

Great project Kim - and love all the sparkly elements. The stickles really do make those fireworks come alive!

Kristen said...

These are awesome. Your on a roll!!!!

Martha Cavazos Fipps said...

You did a great job! I need to get cracking on some patriotic invitations myself.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...