a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Monday, April 21, 2008

Bloggers Challenge: Week #43/Chipboard


This week our goal was to use chipboard on our card/project. I'm behind this week and hope to get caught up. Hopefully the bug my little girl caught takes a quick exit here soon...it's been a long day/night.


I had this idea in my head all week thinking about this project and then of course once I started it; it looked different than what I had been thinking about. Oh well, I'm not the best at creations with chipboard, I'm always stumped at how to cover them and get them to look good.


I colored my chipboard tag piece with a chocolate chip marker to give it a "leather" feel. I embossed the apple in the chipboard piece using my versamark pad and my SU! markers. I was proud of myself for doing some embossing, I never seem to pull out the heat gun and embossing powder.


The layout I used is based on Jen Delmuro's sketch challenge. I never seem to know what to do with my patterned paper and this was a good way to use a few different patterns on one card.


Enjoy!

12 comments:

Leigh OBrien said...

Very cute, Kim. Hey, did you get your hair cut short?

Connie Babbert said...

Great job...it is hard to use those bits and pieces of chipboard, I think! I loved Jen's sketch, too, but didn't think to turn it on the side. Great job!

Barb Hardeman said...

You really did a nice job on this one Kim. Your little chipboard tag and apple are sweet as can be. Good layout and use of patterned paper...

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wonderful card Kim. I'm happy to see that you broke out your heat gun...the piece looks fabulous!

Lisa Somerville said...

dCute Kim, love the layout, makes great use of the DSP.

Nikki Bond said...

How cute and unique! I love that little apple with the DP! Looks great! {SMILES}

Karen said...

great job Kim - love the paper strips!! really need to get this set as well!!

Kimberly Gajewski said...

This turned out lovely! Such a great layout! :D

Lisa Bohler said...

I like your combo of DSPs and that you used the chipboard in a vertical position!

Ida said...

Good Job Kim, Isn't it funny how our cards sometimes don't turn out like we envision them? - Your apple on the tag is very cute and I especially like the way you layered the different designer papers.

Lori said...

Nice job with the challenge! I like the embossed apple image in the tag.

rozie640 said...

Very cute, love the share, crisp lines of the designer paper. Great card.

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...