a creative mind at work in the deep dark basement

Friday, June 8, 2007

AMuse Swap


Another Amuse Swap I joined. I was quite thrilled with the way this card turned out. I had seen the "sand" idea on another blog...I apologize that I can't remember who's right now.


Stamps: AMuse
Cardstock: Vellum, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
Inks: Black Staz On, Yo Yo Yellow, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: Gold Brads, Corkboard, Lumiere, Pearl-Ex
You can't really tell in the picture but I colored the palm tree leaves with lumiere and Pearl-Ex, the base of the tree with a SU! Marker. The sun was made by cutting a square and then punching the "sun" shape out of it with a circle punch. I used this as my template when I sponged on the color.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to go to this hammock and relax!
Kim, I love your work! Keep 'em coming! You're so inspiring!
Inkin' a latte ~ Keri

Donna Baker said...

this is GREAT!! Makes me wish I was on that hammock right now...

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is an adorable card and so very 'right' for summer! You did a great job...especially with the sand. I never thought of cork before, I always just used sandpaper..lol. Fabulous card!

Stefanie said...

Super cute Kim! I love the sand!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, this is seriously SUPER cute in person. I love everything you did with this!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for looking at my creations and if you wish to, please let me know what you liked/disliked about it...all comments are welcome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...